If you’ve recently purchased an iPhone, you must be wondering how to activate FaceTime. FaceTime is an iOS built-in video and audio calling app. This app is available only on Apple devices. You can easily see your loved ones or talk to your friends by hopping on a quick call. Some people among us still do not know how to use this iOS feature. In today’s post, I will teach you how to activate FaceTime on iPhone and Mac. Here, I have even explained how to make a FaceTime call effortlessly. Without wasting your time anymore, let us check out how to activate FaceTime in detail.
How To Activate FaceTime?
You can follow these steps to know how to activate FaceTime.
- Start by launching your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to locate FaceTime.
- Here, turn on the FaceTime toggle switch.
- In the next blank textbox, enter the phone number you wish to use for FaceTime.
FaceTime is now activated to do video and audio calls. Using this, you can share your screens in calls, watch TV shows/movies, or listen to music together. You can follow the same procedure to know how to activate FaceTime on iPhone 11, 12, and 13.
Let us now check out how to activate FaceTime on Mac.
Click here – How To Activate Voicemail?
How To Activate FaceTime On Mac
Follow these steps to know how to set up FaceTime on Mac.
- Click on the FaceTime icon to launch this app on Mac.
- Or else press ⌘ + Space to search for FaceTime.
- Turn on the FaceTime toggle switch to activate it.
- Now, log in by using your Apple ID and a password.
- Wait for a while till you’re signed in.
- From the menu bar, select FaceTime.
- Then, select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Here, select the boxes associated with your FaceTime account.
Thus, you can now easily talk with people by using FaceTime on Mac.
How To Make A FaceTime Call On iPhone?
You can follow these steps to know how to FaceTime on iPhone to Android.
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on the create link option at the top of the app.
- Next, a new pop-up window will appear on your screen.
- From here, select how you would like to share this FaceTime link.
- Once done, tap the send button to send this link to the selected contact.
- The Android user then receives the link to facetime.apple.com.
- The receiver can open this link via Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Now, enter a name and tap the Continue option.
- Tap the green join button to send a request to join the Apple user.
As soon as the Apple user accepts this request the Android FaceTime will start. You can use the FaceTime option from the contact list to FaceTime with another iOS user.
Common Issues With FaceTime
Sometimes, FaceTime is not working or is waiting too much for activation. Do you what causes such issues? Here, I have listed a few issues you may face while using FaceTime.
- Connection alerts
- Choppy video calls
- Black screen
- Dropped calls
If you are facing similar issues, then try these tricks to get rid of this problem.
- Make sure your device is connected to a fast WiFi or cellular connection.
- You can restart your device and make sure the FaceTime is on.
- Always update your device to the latest iOS version.
Why Is My Facetime Not Activating?
If your iMessage or FaceTime apps are stuck on the “Waiting for activation” screen, you should try resetting them. Restarting your phone or resetting your Apple ID might fix the issue. It can take up to a day for the “Waiting for activation” message to disappear.
How Do I Activate Facetime On My iPhone?
Set up FaceTime on iPhone
- Go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on FaceTime.
- Do any of the following: Set up your account for FaceTime calls: Tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, then tap Sign In. Note: If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one—see Manage Apple ID settings on iPhone.
Why Is Facetime Saying Waiting For Activation?
What is this? In order for it to work, you need to have reached an agreement with a carrier. If you don’t have a carrier yet for your iPhone, then you won’t be able to get or send text messages. It also means that you may see a message like “Facetime Waiting for Activation” when you try to use it.
Why Am I Not Getting Facetime Calls On My iPhone?
Go to Settings and tap Cellular or tap Mobile Data, then turn on FaceTime. If you’re using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that FaceTime is on. If you see “Waiting for Activation,” turn FaceTime off and then on again.
How Do I Change My Facetime Settings?
Reset FaceTime settings: Go to Settings > FaceTime. Toggle FaceTime to OFF and then back to ON. Once FaceTime has been activated, scroll down and check if your mobile number is ticked under You can be reached by FaceTime at.
How Do I Activate Facetime Video Call?
You can join a FaceTime call on an Android or PC by clicking a link sent from an Apple device. The person with the Apple device needs to be running at least iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or macOS Monterey. Once you get the FaceTime link, open it in your Android or PC’s web browser.
Click here – How To Activate Apple Card?
Why Can’t I Receive Facetime Calls On My Iphone?
The other person may not have FaceTime turned on, or there may be a software problem with their iPhone. It’s also possible the network they are trying to connect to may be causing the error. If you’re not sure, try making a FaceTime call with someone else.
By reading my above post, you’ve studied how to turn on FaceTime on iOS devices. FaceTime can be used to watch movies/TV series together or listen to music together. This app allows us to share your screen, web pages, and more just on a call! You can activate this app via iPhone Settings. Just turn on the FaceTime toggle switch to use this software. However, you can follow the same procedure to know how to turn on FaceTime on an iPad. During this, make sure you are on a high-speed WiFi network. Let’s now use the FaceTime feature by understanding how to activate FaceTime.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FactorsWeb
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeatureBuddies
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FeedAtlas
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FilmyViral
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit FinanceNInsurance
How do I activate FaceTime activation